Features Vs Benefits
|Features||Benefit to customer/end user|
|6 clinically relevant variants in line with current CPIC Guidelines (including full HapB3 phasing)||Clinical utility|
|4 hour workflow||Fast TAT – results within 1 day in line with oncology care pathways|
|Two tube analysis||Simple set up, minimal hands on time|
|Kit includes just 4 tubes needed for workflow||Simple to set up|
|Internal control and STR markers for each tube included||Reliable results|
|Compatible with ABI 3*** Genetic Analysers and SeqStudio||Ease of use and workflow integration|
|Data review using GeneMarker software (no data transfer required)||Ease of interpretation|
|YGH technical team||Tech support available|
|YGH manufactured||Reliable supply chain|
Key Strategic Partnerships
- All Wales Medical Genomics Service (AWMGS) commenced a pilot phase earlier this year testing all patients prior to 5-FU treatment. The pilot was successful, leading to the launch of the service in October 2020. It has led to all health boards across Wales routinely offering the DPYD test to cancer patients, of which Yourgene is the sole provider. View press release here
- Wales is the first nation in the UK to implement this screening programme and offer the DPYD test to all patients, with over 400 samples already taken and 6% of patients coming back positive
- Yourgene will be providing the Elucigene DPYD tests to screen for approximately 200 patients each month for the next year. If 2,400 patients are screened, at the positive rate of 6% continues, we anticipate 144 cancer patients will be prevented from having toxic chemotherapy reactions
- NHS England published a Clinical Commissioning Urgent Policy Statement in November 2020 recommending the routine availability of DPYD testing prior to the start of treatment with the chemotherapeutic drug 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU), to identify the risk of severe side effects.
- There are seven Genomic testing hubs in the NHS and currently three out of the seven are using Yourgene Health’s DPYD kits.
- The full report can be found here: NHS England » Clinical Commissioning Urgent Policy Statement: Pharmacogenomic testing for DPYD polymorphisms with fluoropyrimidine therapies
- In January 2021 a research article was published titled ‘Joint Belgian recommendation on screening for DPD-deficiency in patients treated with 5-FU, capecitabine (and tegafur).’ This article endorses screening for DPD deficiency. View press release here
- Yourgene already supplies its Elucigene DPYD test directly into Belgium, including to the University Hospital St Luc/ UCLouvain, Woluwe, Belgium, where the lead author of the research publication is based.
- In Feburary 2021 it was announced that all cancer patients in Northern Ireland will be routinely screened for DPD deficiency ahead of starting certain chemotherapy treatments. Read more here.
- View our “Your Comment” blog post on The role of DPYD testing in managing a successful response to the COVID-19 pandemic